Market tracking & trends
List of research
For more information on our research and webinars and to view a list of research, please DOWNLOAD the Everest Group Blue Pages.
IT Outsourcing in Life Sciences Industry - Service Provider Landscape with PEAK Matrix™ Assessment and Profile Compendium 2013
The life sciences industry has rapidly matured in its adoption of IT and business process outsourcing services in recent years. Regulatory reforms, emergence of new technologies, and the challenges facing the life sciences industry have accelerated the adoption of outsourced services. In order to cater to this growing market segment, a number of service providers have developed focused capabilities.
As life sciences companies are stepping up the adoption of outsourced delivery, there is an uptick in demand for research and market intelligence on demand and supply trends in life sciences outsourcing across the major market sub-segments – pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and medical devices. The need is more pronounced for value-chain specific IT outsourcing (ITO), where business challenges are defining technology imperatives. Everest Group’s healthcare outsourcing research program addresses this market requirement by analyzing outsourcing trends and service provider capabilities specific to ITO in the life sciences vertical.
In this report, we analyze the capabilities of 14 ITO service providers specific to the global life sciences sector. These service providers are mapped on the Everest Group PEAK Matrix, which is a composite index of a range of distinct metrics related to a service provider’s capability and market success.
Scope of the analysis
- Industry: Life sciences (pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and medical devices)
- Services: Large (TCV >US$25 million), multi-year (>three years), and annuity-based application outsourcing
- Geography: Global
- Sourcing model: Third-party ITO transactions; excludes shared services or captives
This report is structured across four key sections, each containing insights on the life sciences ITO service provider landscape, with a specific focus on large-sized contracts:
- Life sciences ITO service provider landscape: Analysis of individual service provider capabilities in the life sciences ITO space along the following dimensions:
- Delivery capability:
- Domain investments
- Market success:
- Transaction activity
- Life sciences ITO PEAK Matrix and analysis of PEAK clusters:
- Mapping of life sciences ITO service providers on the Everest Group Performance | Experience | Ability | Knowledge (PEAK) Matrix
- Commentary on the capabilities of each service provider:
- Delivery capability characteristics (scale, scope, and domain investments)
- Market success characteristics (transaction activity)
- Upcoming service providers in the life sciences ITO space
- Implications for key stakeholders: Implications of identified life sciences ITO service provider landscape characteristics for key stakeholders:
- Implications for service providers
- Implications for buyers
- Life sciences ITO service provider profiles: Detailed profiles containing the following information for each of the 14 service providers featured in the life sciences ITO PEAK Matrix:
- Corporate summary and life sciences ITO business overview
- Detailed assessment of life sciences ITO capabilities
- Healthcare and life sciences ITO domain investments
- Life sciences ITO transaction activity
- Key offshore delivery locations for life sciences ITO